Problem tunneling X11 on AIX

From: Sven Maier (tazinblack_at_web.de)
Date: 08/16/04

    Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 15:02:08 +0200
    To: secureshell@securityfocus.com

    Hello List,

    Iīve got a Problem to tunnel X11 over SSH.
    I connect to an AIX - Box with Openssh 3.5p1.
    I use : ssh -X root@server
    Itīs no problem to connect but the DISPLAY isnīt set.

    Any ideas ?

    Greetings
    tazinblack

    • Re: installing openssh on AIX 5.2
      ... I was not able to solve then "PRNG not seeded" problem with AIX 5.2, so I updated everything to AIX 5.3. ... Now ssh is working properly. ... So I tried to update openssh, which I found required openssl, which I do not have installed. ... Rather than trying to catalogue all the permutations and problems I encountered, it might help if someone could tell me which packages to install, and in what order. ...
      (comp.unix.aix)
    • Re: AIX 5.3 TL11 + OpenSSH 5.2: public key authentication not working?
      ... sshd_config and the user has public keys in his .ssh directory then ... PubkeyAuthentication is set to "no" then one can log in with SSH using ... This worked in an older AIX 5.3 release and older OpenSSH version. ...
      (comp.unix.aix)
    • Re: Recent OpenSSH releases not reading .bashrc for ssh commands
      ... their .bashrc will no longer get them without engaging in..... ... ssh can invoke bash without it then reading .bashrc. ... which svn", the .bashrc is no longer read. ... you're on RHEL 5, you've installed an updated OpenSSH, and you try to ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: two SSH compatibility scenarios: can it work?
      ... We are required to use SSH to log into the Engineering lab machines. ... > server software displays this header upon telnet connection to port 22. ... I still use Windows on my notebook for application compatibility. ... > running OpenSSH 3.4p1. ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: OpenSSH, Telnet, Windows Authentication and double-hops
      ... deployment on a Windows network. ... Does this mean that you are setting SSH port forwarding ... does not provide the other side with either a Kerberos ticket, ... We're focusing on the OpenSSH for Windows distribution. ...
      (comp.security.ssh)