Re: Idle timeout

From: Bob Rasmussen (ras_at_anzio.com)
Date: 08/11/04

    Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 09:06:19 -0700 (PDT)
    To: "Rushton, Mike" <Mike.Rushton@atosorigin.com>

    On Wed, 11 Aug 2004, Rushton, Mike wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > Is there any way of configuring OpenSSH, we're running version 3.8.1p1,
    > to disconnect idle sessions after n minutes of inactivity? I've seen
    > references to an idle-timeout parameter but this doesn't appear in the
    > sshd_config man page. I've tried ClientAliveInterval ClientAliveCountMax
    > but these only cause sshd to terminate dead/hung sessions, inactive
    > sessions are unaffected.

    The irony here is that so many people are trying to AVOID idle-timeout.

    I don't believe this capability is provided by OpenSSH. It is usually
    provided by the shell program that the user connects to, or by a router.

    Regards,
    ....Bob Rasmussen, President, Rasmussen Software, Inc.

    personal e-mail: ras@anzio.com
     company e-mail: rsi@anzio.com
                fax: (US) 503-624-0760
                web: http://www.anzio.com