Re: doesn't connect

From: Darren Tucker (dtucker_at_zip.com.au)
Date: 08/08/04

    Date: Sun, 08 Aug 2004 21:30:59 +1000
    To: Yaroslav Halchenko <yoh@cs.unm.edu>

    Yaroslav Halchenko wrote:
    > I've got a really strange problem and I think that ssh itself is not the
    > reason of it happening but rather our network, but I couldn't figure
    > what might cause it.
    [...]

    Maybe http://www.snailbook.com/faq/mtu-mismatch.auto.html ?

    --
    Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
    usually comes from bad judgement.

    • Re: Access SSH server via HTTP proxy
      ... I have always set my home ssh server on port 443 for this reason and it ... Good judgement comes with experience. ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: Opening
      ... lying when I say I'm not making a moral judgement. ... whereas not remembering names is friendlier. ... see no reason to get all defensive about it either. ... You're calling complete strangers ...
      (rec.arts.sf.composition)
    • Re: Lethality of events
      ... Thinking about it a bit more, I think the reason I'm reluctant to pass judgement on those who want to play evil characters is because I'd end up having to pass judgement on pretty much the entire human race. ... But we could equally choose to slice it other ways: we could say it's specially bad if it's real life news reports rather than mere fiction in which one chooses to wallow; and let's be honest, the main reason we don't choose to do the latter is because the numbers wouldn't be in our favor in that case. ...
      (rec.games.frp.advocacy)
    • Re: Appeal to EBU National Appeals Committee?
      ... So the only reason to lodge an appeal would seem to be if the EBU are ... make the L&EC aware fo the fact taht ACs get this wrong consistently ... As Steve Willner pointed out in one of his posts, directors and ACs ... There is also the issue of "a grossly inappropriate value judgement". ...
      (rec.games.bridge)
    • Re: God forbid anyone should like anything!
      ... >> in support of their position, based on reason and evidence. ... When you make a judgement of a piece of music, ... We're not talking about musical knowledge. ... I don't hate any style of music. ...
      (rec.music.makers.guitar.jazz)