Re: problem starrting X server from ssh.

From: Robert Hajime Lanning (robert.lanning_at_gmail.com)
Date: 08/05/04

    Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 11:04:39 -0700
    To: secureshell@securityfocus.com

    He is starting an X server, not an X client.

    My question is "Why are you starting an X server remotely?"
    Starting an X server is for the console of the box the X server is starting on.
    XFree86 talks directly to the hardware. It cannot be redirected
    across a network,
    unless you are using the "nested" X server.

    --
    END OF LINE
           -MCP

    • RE: two subnets on my sbs server
      ... The client computer is attached to a router that also provides DHCP ... Server settings, so when I updated the lmhost file on the ... What the language version of your SBS server is? ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: What doesnt lend itself to OO?
      ... >> proxy and instructs the server to constuct the real object. ... rather than client code. ... If 'clock' is instantiated in the server, ... > for the server interface at the OOA level. ...
      (comp.object)
    • Re: More Get-IPlayer Questions
      ... to use with mutt mail client. ... antinat - 0.90-4 - Antinat is a flexible SOCKS server and client ... protocol for Sybase or MS SQL Server. ... ifstat - 1.1-1 - InterFace STATistics Monitoring ...
      (uk.comp.os.linux)
    • This is going straight to the pool room
      ... or not the client has privilege to do what they're trying to do, ... The server environment is this: ... 3GL User action Routines that Tier3 will execute on your behalf during the ... Routine Name: USER_INIT ...
      (comp.os.vms)
    • [Full-Disclosure] R: Full-Disclosure Digest, Vol 3, Issue 42
      ... Full-Disclosure Digest, Vol 3, Issue 42 ... SD Server 4.0.70 Directory Traversal Bug ... Arkeia Network Backup Client Remote Access ...
      (Full-Disclosure)