RE: Unable to connect to sshd on server inside firewall

From: Nathan Jackson (NathanJ_at_eu.wrq.com)
Date: 07/29/04

    To: "'Gahring, David'" <David.Gahring@ai-engsvcs.com>, secureshell@securityfocus.com
    Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 23:50:19 -0700

    Hi Dave,

    When the server was relocated, did the IP address change for this
    machine?

    It could be that the public key you have for the server (in the
    known_hosts file) is incorrect and therefore the connection is
    failing.
    To get around this, you can remove the entry for this server in your
    known_hosts file.

    Failing that, turn the sshd logging onto DEBUG3 (in sshd_config) and
    take a look at the logfile, it may give you some pointers as to what
    is failing.

    Regards,

    Nathan