Solaris password requirements not enforced

From: Srinivas Gopaladasu (srinivas_gopaladasu_at_net.com)
Date: 07/27/04

    Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 12:37:30 -0700
    To: secureshell@securityfocus.com

    Hi,

    The Solaris password requirements like
    a. no empty password
    b. minimum 6 chars
    etc for a regualr user are not enforced when a password expired user is
    changing password at the SSH login prompt.

    The version of openSSH I am using is 3.8.1 and Solaris 8 is where the
    sshd is running.

    Is anybody aware of this problem?
    Is there some configuration option I can use to enforce these password
    requirements?

    If its a bug, is there a patch already?

    I appreciate any help on this.

    Thanks