I have problem with access.conf in openssh 3.8.1p1

From: Sławomir Krampa (w3slawek_at_gdansk.home.pl)
Date: 07/27/04

    Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 12:41:22 +0200
    To: secureshell@securityfocus.com

    I compiled openssh 3.8.1p1 with PAM and configured:
    1) /etc/ssh/sshd_config: USEPAM yes
    2) added in /etc/pam.d/sshd: account required /lib/security/pam_access.
    so
    3) added in /etc/security/access.conf: -:root:ALL EXCEPT root:console

    unfortunately it didn't work.
    When I checked issue with strace I noticed that sshd not jumped to
    /etc/security/access.conf in spite of he is reading pam_access.so
    I tried with 'account required /lib/security/apm_access.so
    accessfile=/etc/security/access.conf', but didn't work also.

    Any idea? If you know, please help me!
    Sławek