Re: How can I tell openssh client to prompt for a username

From: Parkes, Lloyd (Lloyd.Parkes_at_eds.com)
Date: 07/13/04

    Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 09:30:04 +1200
    To: secureshell@securityfocus.com

    I've managed to *cough* bypass *cough* such 'security' in less than
    thirty seconds. AFAIK the only way to lock this stuff down is to make
    user home directories, .ssh directories and authorized_keys files on
    the remote machine owned by root and to only permit specific commands
    to be run by specific keys. That just seems to be the way SSH works.
    Even then if you let people run a shell, they can probably find a way
    to get the shell to run scp.

    On 11/07/2004, at 1:04 AM, Aman Raheja wrote:

    > I think you would rather create a script as a wrapper to get this
    > functionality
    >
    > <<< snip ssh_wrap.sh>>>
    >
    > #!/bin/bash
    > echo -n "Username: "