Re: Disable SFTP/SCP but not SSH?

From: Derek Martin (code_at_pizzashack.org)
Date: 07/10/04

    Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 11:49:03 +0900
    To: secureshell@securityfocus.com

    On Fri, Jul 09, 2004 at 09:21:16AM +0200, Lucio Crusca wrote:
    > > > Using Fedora Core 2 and OpenSSH 3.6.1p2, I'm wondering
    > > > if it is possible to allow users to connect via SSH,
    > > > but prevent them from connecting through SFTP and/or
    > > > SCP?
    >
    > I really don't know, but others' replies seem to tell that's pointless.
    > However I'd like to abuse this thread to ask just the opposite: is it
    > possible to allow sftp/scp while disabling ssh on a per-user basis?

    Sure. Use rssh, which you can get here:

      http://www.pizzashack.org/rssh/

    --
    Derek D. Martin
    http://www.pizzashack.org/

    • Re: Is this Group moderated?
      ... post a question - you will generally receive a few helpful replies before things drift off-topic. ... Hence what you stigmatize as "pointless flippant exchanges between a few timewasters" are part of on-going conversations among members of a social group. ...
      (rec.travel.europe)
    • Re: Is this Group moderated?
      ... receive a few helpful replies before things drift off-topic. ... stigmatize as "pointless flippant exchanges between a few timewasters" are ... part of on-going conversations among members of a social group. ...
      (rec.travel.europe)
    • Re: Matthew Parris
      ... fatuous claims have been sufficiently well refuted by now that it is ... probably zero - the utility of replies in correcting your insane ... world view always was zero, of course, since nutters like you are ... You, OTOH, exhibit no similar scruples; you attack and abuse anyone who simply has the temerity to hold and express a viewpoint which is different from your own. ...
      (uk.rec.cycling)
    • Re: I am starting a new newsgroup called uk.radio.amateur.beginner
      ... >> the opposite - there is nothing but abuse which is why a spearate ... Strong implications, obviously you can't prove that or you would have ...
      (uk.radio.amateur)
    • Re: Why did John Prescott fail?
      ... With a few exceptions they failed to ... Rather the opposite IMHO - they introduced more red tape and pointless dis- ...
      (uk.railway)