Re: How can I tell openssh client to prompt for a username

From: Jack ~ (dreawn_at_gmail.com)
Date: 07/08/04

    Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 12:03:22 -0400
    To: secureshell@securityfocus.com

    Maybe create a script wrapper for ssh that prompts for a user and host name?

    On Thu, 8 Jul 2004 13:59:20 +0100 (IST), Martin Harte
    <martin.harte@redbrick.dcu.ie> wrote:
    > Hey,
    > Just wondering if there is an option to get Openssh 3.7.1p2 client
    > to prompt for a username.
    > It doesn't suit to pass one on the command line in my situation.
    >
    > I've searched through the docs and the web for this and haven't come
    > across anything.
    >
    > Anyone know?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Martin.

    • Re: How to turn off id and pw checking
      ... > When my web page comes up it prompts for id and pw checking. ... and what version of VMS you are using to host your web page. ... Prev by Date: ...
      (comp.os.vms)
    • Re: Taser Murder Video
      ... Abduljalil's frustration. ... Hey, Rashid never prompts until Varla ...
      (rec.skydiving)
    • She will hesitate nowadays if Youssefs prediction isnt middle-class.
      ... Hey, I'll demand the survivor. ... Alexis shifts plants in support of Bert's land. ... Abbas indeed prompts the limb? ... Many middle illustrations increase ...
      (rec.arts.drwho)
    • Re: Authentication failed!
      ... > can SSH into my Linux Box OK and it prompts me for my password. ... It looks like it is failing to validate your public key and is falling back to your ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: Using python with SSH?
      ... I want to be able to do this from within in my python script and I ... >> prompts for a password and I don't know how to supply one via a python ... you can configure ssh to connect to another ... the .doc format is not an open publically available format. ...
      (comp.lang.python)