Re: Disable SFTP/SCP but not SSH?

From: Lucio Crusca (bugtraq_at_pixel.it)
Date: 07/09/04

    To: secureshell@securityfocus.com
    Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2004 09:21:16 +0200

    > > Using Fedora Core 2 and OpenSSH 3.6.1p2, I'm wondering
    > > if it is possible to allow users to connect via SSH,
    > > but prevent them from connecting through SFTP and/or
    > > SCP?

    I really don't know, but others' replies seem to tell that's pointless.
    However I'd like to abuse this thread to ask just the opposite: is it
    possible to allow sftp/scp while disabling ssh on a per-user basis?

    Lucio.

    • Sun Solaris login bug patches out
      ... > For the login security bug recently announced by CERT, ... I got several replies which I'd like to summarize, ... Reg Quinton has written a wrapper to login which he believes will ... Several people replied that I should only use ssh, ...
      (Focus-SUN)
    • Sun Solaris login bug patches out
      ... > For the login security bug recently announced by CERT, ... I got several replies which I'd like to summarize, ... Reg Quinton has written a wrapper to login which he believes will ... Several people replied that I should only use ssh, ...
      (Bugtraq)
    • file server slow to respond
      ... (please cc: replies) ... Logging in (ssh) takes several seconds. ... of the command occur quickly and normally. ...
      (Debian-User)
    • chroot sshd
      ... is it possible to run ssh 3.2.0 from ssh.com under a chroot environment / ... I have yet not seen any wrappers to be able to do such a thing. ... I do not enjoy using openssh, And i do not wish to see replies telling me to ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: Is SSH worth it??
      ... > We would be using SSH and SCP. ... SCP for automated scripts. ... > client will not be prompted for a password. ... remote machine, but imho it is better to swap client+server and give ...
      (Security-Basics)