How to use publickey from x509 certificate?

From: Tanja Wittke (tawi_at_gruft.de)
Date: 07/08/04

    Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 11:28:05 +0200
    To: secureshell@securityfocus.com

    Hello,

    I have the following problem: I want to use publickey authentication by
    using the publickey of a x509 certificate stored on a java card. I can
    already extract the publickey of the certificate and write it into a
    file. The problem i have is that i don't know how to convert the
    certificate's publickey into an rsa publickey format that openssh will
    accept.

    Does anybody have a hint for me?

    Thank you in advance,

    tawi