Re: port forwarding without the shell

From: Andrius Kurtinaitis (andrius.kurtinaitis_at_maf.vu.lt)
Date: 06/24/04

    Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 11:55:05 +0300
    To: secureshell@securityfocus.com

    Sorry, I made a mistake.

    > ssh -v -1 -N -L 9999:localhost:80 192.168.42.6 2> err.txt >out.txt &
    >
    > then, it gets stopped (only with proto 2).

    It gets stopped ([1]+ Stopped) only when using the protocol 1, and with
    protocol 2 it runs happily in the background. How to find out why it stopps?

    Andrius

    Andrius Kurtinaitis wrote:
    > Darren Tucker wrote:
    >
    >> You can use "ssh -N" to establish a tunnel without invoking a shell,
    >> but if you want "one-shot" you'll have to background it and kill it
    >> from the shell.
    >

    > Well, if I'm using the Protocol 2, then everything goes well, but with
    > Protocol 1 (which I must use with my ssh server) I was not able to
    > background the ssh process. If I start it with:
    >
    > ssh -v -1 -N -L 9999:localhost:80 192.168.42.6 2> err.txt >out.txt &
    >
    > then, it gets stopped (only with proto 2).
    >
    > if I add the -n option, the it exits immediately.
    > ssh -v -1 -n -N -L 9999:localhost:80 192.168.42.6 2> err-n.txt >out.txt &
    >
    > I attach the output of the two calls at the end.
    >
    > Andrius

    • Multiple browsers Windows mailto protocol Office 2003 file attachment exploit
      ... Multiple browsers Windows mailto protocol Office 2003 file attachment exploit ... Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 SP2 ... There is absolutely no input validation in all the browsers I have tested, ... OUTLOOK.EXE to attach the file to the email without asking for permission, ...
      (Bugtraq)
    • Re: converting raw images from Canon EOS 600D
      ... and AND refuse to admit it was incorrect. ... Your primary mistake is in thinking there are only the two options. ... You also are mistaken if you think that refusing to support is the ... Said that I had claimed that "protocol meaning software", ...
      (rec.photo.digital)
    • Re: Homeopathic Research
      ... test protocol or other error? ... including scientists of far greater reputation than Ennis. ... of a mistake. ... science, all of science, has figured out about how the world works. ...
      (misc.health.alternative)
    • Unable to debug an "Asynchronous Pluggable Protocol"
      ... I need my protocol to call on .NET ... but I set out initially with an ATL project. ... Again this works, but I still cannot debug, nor ... When I try to attach to IE I get ...
      (microsoft.public.vsnet.debugging)
    • Re: What does this mean?
      ... My mistake. ... >>PPTP tunnels. ... > GRE is protocol 47. ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)