Re: port forwarding without the shell

From: Rachan Malhotra (rMalhotra_at_freightdesk.com)
Date: 06/23/04

    Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 00:21:23 -0400
    To: Andrius Kurtinaitis <andrius.kurtinaitis@maf.vu.lt>

    The -N option allows you to only fwd ports and not do anything else. You
    can use it with -f to run your process in the background. I recently
    used Autossh (http://freshmeat.net/projects/autossh). It is a wrapper
    that allows you to create an always-alive tunnel in the background. You
    may want to see if you can it put to use.

    The drawback with -N is that it works from client side. I'd like to know
    if there is a server side option to restrict (some) users so that they
    can only connect to the ssh server for port fwding..

    cheers
    Rachan