Re: sftp and scp file size limit

From: Alex 'CAVE' Cernat (cave_at_cernat.ro)
Date: 06/21/04

    Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 10:14:21 +0300
    To: secureshell@securityfocus.com

    > why do I get the following message when trying to send
    > a file that is 3gb in size?
    >
    > bigfile: Value too large to be stored in data type.
    >
    > I am going from AIX to Linux
    >
    > scp a file to itself works with no problems, but when
    > done over the network it fails.

    when you copy locally cp is automatically invoked

    maybe ssh/scp is not compiled with 64 bit file support, so the maximum
    size of the file you can copy is about 2.4 G

    check also if for both system you have support for large files
    (sizeof(file_length) is 64 bits); i'm not sure about AIX, but any recent
    version of linux allready has large files support enabled with default
    kernel)

    Alex

    • Re: bzip2 + large files ?
      ... (ulimit is OK, large file enabled JFS, AIX 5.2). ... This does, however, not run on 32bit hardware. ... Are those 64-bit flags mandatory to get large file support for ...
      (comp.unix.aix)
    • bzip2 + large files ?
      ... In compressed form it's just below 2GB, ... (ulimit is OK, large file enabled JFS, AIX 5.2). ... This does, however, not run on 32bit hardware. ... Are those 64-bit flags mandatory to get large file support for ...
      (comp.unix.aix)