Re: sftp and scp file size limit

From: Darren Tucker (dtucker_at_zip.com.au)
Date: 06/23/04

    Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 10:32:54 +1000
    To: Richard Labutis <unixrules1@yahoo.com>

    Richard Labutis wrote:
    > why do I get the following message when trying to send
    > a file that is 3gb in size?
    >
    > bigfile: Value too large to be stored in data type.
    >
    > I am going from AIX to Linux
    >
    > scp a file to itself works with no problems, but when
    > done over the network it fails.

    If you're using IBM's AIX OpenSSH packages then some versions of those
    were compiled without large file support. I think the current ones are OK.

    (It probably works locally because "scp file1 file2" becomes "cp file1
    file2", if you want to really test it try "scp file1 localhost:file2" on
    your AIX box).

    --
    Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
    usually comes from bad judgement.

    • Re: OpenSSH, AIX and lastlog
      ... so we've never needed to load header files ... for it will always fail. ... Lastlog works fine for me on 3.5p1 on AIX 5.1. ... Good judgement comes with experience. ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: AIX 5.3 LDAP PAM PrivilegeSeperation
      ... It sounds like the LDAP PAM module is ... Note that last time I tried on AIX 5.2, ... I don't have access to AIX 5.3 or one using LDAP, ... Good judgement comes with experience. ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: OpenSSH 3.8p1 Privilege Separation and "connection closed" error at KEXINIT
      ... this error is happened with the test box only, which is AIX ... >4.3.3 ML10. ... >system libraries or so. ... Good judgement comes with experience. ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: SSO and SAP with kerberos in AIX
      ... On AIX, lib*.a ... Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au) ... Good judgement comes with experience. ... Prev by Date: ...
      (comp.protocols.kerberos)
    • Re: OpenSSH_3.6.1p2 ssh-agent aix
      ... >openssh_3.6.1p2(operating system is aix), it is working fine for all ... >users execept for root. ... When i checked debug message it says ... Good judgement comes with experience. ...
      (comp.security.ssh)