Re: sftp and scp file size limit

From: Darren Tucker (dtucker_at_zip.com.au)
Date: 06/23/04

    Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 10:32:54 +1000
    To: Richard Labutis <unixrules1@yahoo.com>

    Richard Labutis wrote:
    > why do I get the following message when trying to send
    > a file that is 3gb in size?
    >
    > bigfile: Value too large to be stored in data type.
    >
    > I am going from AIX to Linux
    >
    > scp a file to itself works with no problems, but when
    > done over the network it fails.

    If you're using IBM's AIX OpenSSH packages then some versions of those
    were compiled without large file support. I think the current ones are OK.

    (It probably works locally because "scp file1 file2" becomes "cp file1
    file2", if you want to really test it try "scp file1 localhost:file2" on
    your AIX box).

    --
    Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
    usually comes from bad judgement.