password aging with sftp

Ken.Simpson_at_marsh.com
Date: 06/17/04

    To: secureshell@securityfocus.com
    Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 12:31:37 -0400

    I am running OpenSSH_3.8.1p1 on Solaris 8.
    This version recognizes password aging when the aging is implemented in
    /etc/shadow. The previous version I ran (3.7.1p2) did not. Under the 3.8
    vesrion, if a user's passwod has expired (assuming they are logging in
    using local password authentication, not ssh keys) they will get prompted
    to change their password. However, sftp does not do this - it simply denies
    access. Is there a way to get sftp to issue the same prompt to change the
    password ?

    • Re: [TCPIP V5.6] SFTP ACCVIOs
      ... In fact, I noted the problem this way (to Solaris, ... as I normally do not connect to localhost via SFTP;-) ... not give you a prompt like on VMS. ... entering a cdonly inserts the tab into the command line ...
      (comp.os.vms)
    • Re: Password aging on Suns with NIS?
      ... > Solaris 5.5, and Solaris 5.5.1 due to old apps that won't run on newer ... > wouldn't benefit from NIS+ even if we liked banging our heads against the wall). ... An easy way to get password aging on the Solaris ... > workstations and servers. ...
      (comp.security.unix)
    • Re: LDAP or NIS+
      ... > This would be for a small network (5-6 clients). ... I need password aging ... WHich versionof Solaris? ... I'd say go for LDAP on S9, ...
      (comp.unix.solaris)
    • NIS password aging in Solaris 10
      ... called ageing, here is the entry: ... Does it mean that password aging is going to work with NIS in Solaris ... Can it work with Solaris 10 NIS master/slaves and Solaris 8/9 clients? ...
      (comp.unix.solaris)