Re: many hosts, different ports, single IP address

From: Eric S. Johansson (esj_at_harvee.org)
Date: 06/08/04

    To: secureshell@securityfocus.com
    Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2004 11:46:06 -0400

    Brian Hatch wrote:

    > Use the 'HostKeyAlias' functionality in ~/.ssh/config, ala
    >
    > $ cat ~/.ssh/config

    I received a couple of copies of this response from different people in e-mail and I want to say thank you very very much for the information. It should work well. And in fact, I have shared this knowledge with others already.

    My suggestion to the open SSH developers is that maybe in the future port number could become part of the definition associated with the key? That could solve this problem completely without requiring a manual configuration files (which I need to maintain in at least three systems[1])

    but again, thank you to all of those who helped. It is much appreciated.

    ---eric

    [1] decidedly another very off-topic need to which is how to maintain one's dot files on multiple systems. I'm leaning towards something activated by .bash_profile and .bash_logout hooks retrieving and recording changes.