Re: Auto Reconnect

From: neil (neil_at_bellsimons.com)
Date: 06/03/04

    To: Bob Lee <crazybob@crazybob.org>
    Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2004 11:52:09 -0400

    You could convert this to Perl and use Net::Ping
    http://www.perldoc.com/perl5.8.0/lib/Net/Ping.html

    On Thu, 2004-06-03 at 10:54, Bob Lee wrote:
    > I'm trying to keep an SSH connection running because I'm using a remote
    > port forward and cannot always access the client side to manually
    > restart the connection.
    >
    > In bash, I can just put it in an infinite loop:
    >
    > while :
    > do
    > ssh xxx.org
    > done
    >
    > It works pretty well, but sometimes the client hangs. Are there any
    > arguments I could set so that SSH will periodically ping the server and
    > exit the process if the connection goes down?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Bob

    • UPDATE: Re: Question regarding SSH via Lantronix SCS100
      ... to do SSH and to authenticate the SSH connection with a local ... unexpectedly closed connection'. ... CONSOLE or AUX port on the router, or does it matter, and what ...
      (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
    • Re: SSH options re: NAT
      ... No, SSH is two-fold, a call to it on the client side results in a call ... port, meaning that any connections that come into that port are answered ... programming practice for daemons) Once the connection is established, ... don't want to execute a command on the remote side and you use -N. ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: OpenSSH remote port forwarding
      ... use an outgoing SSH connection from here to the Internet... ... Incoming SSH it is possible and it is working. ... > I read many docs on the OpenSSH port forwarding, ... > (this command should open an ssh connection to public-machine and there, ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: SFTP
      ... > avoid port transient net devices dropping port 22 ... Port 21 is allocated for FTP, not SSH. ... SSH connection. ... Do not get it mixed up with FTPS. ...
      (SSH)
    • Re: SSH tunneling/port forwarding and stateful packet inspection
      ... > have reconfigured SSH to run over port 443 the trace shows it as SSL ... Your packet trace identifies the TCP connection as ...
      (comp.security.ssh)