Re: Auto Reconnect

From: neil (
Date: 06/03/04

    To: Bob Lee <>
    Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2004 11:52:09 -0400

    You could convert this to Perl and use Net::Ping

    On Thu, 2004-06-03 at 10:54, Bob Lee wrote:
    > I'm trying to keep an SSH connection running because I'm using a remote
    > port forward and cannot always access the client side to manually
    > restart the connection.
    > In bash, I can just put it in an infinite loop:
    > while :
    > do
    > ssh
    > done
    > It works pretty well, but sometimes the client hangs. Are there any
    > arguments I could set so that SSH will periodically ping the server and
    > exit the process if the connection goes down?
    > Thanks,
    > Bob

    • UPDATE: Re: Question regarding SSH via Lantronix SCS100
      ... to do SSH and to authenticate the SSH connection with a local ... unexpectedly closed connection'. ... CONSOLE or AUX port on the router, or does it matter, and what ...
    • Re: SSH options re: NAT
      ... No, SSH is two-fold, a call to it on the client side results in a call ... port, meaning that any connections that come into that port are answered ... programming practice for daemons) Once the connection is established, ... don't want to execute a command on the remote side and you use -N. ...
    • Re: OpenSSH remote port forwarding
      ... use an outgoing SSH connection from here to the Internet... ... Incoming SSH it is possible and it is working. ... > I read many docs on the OpenSSH port forwarding, ... > (this command should open an ssh connection to public-machine and there, ...
    • Re: SFTP
      ... > avoid port transient net devices dropping port 22 ... Port 21 is allocated for FTP, not SSH. ... SSH connection. ... Do not get it mixed up with FTPS. ...
    • Re: SSH tunneling/port forwarding and stateful packet inspection
      ... > have reconfigured SSH to run over port 443 the trace shows it as SSL ... Your packet trace identifies the TCP connection as ...