sftp Client on Windows XP

From: Saju Paul (saju.paul_at_emergis-systems.com)
Date: 05/27/04

    To: <secureshell@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 17:23:20 -0400

    Folks,
    I'm new to OpenSSH and have been tasked to write a 'sftp' Client for a
    home-grown application that runs on a Windows platform (at least I think
    that what the salesman wants).

    Know the answers to my questions must be somewhere but I was not able to
    find it.

    So here goes...

    1. Is this possible ?
    2. Does Windows support OpenSSH or vice versa ?

    If the answers to these questions is yes; I'd like to know where I can find
    the details.

    Thanks,
    Saju Paul

    (ps: Have box running Fedora; installed the portable OpenSSH version 3.8.1
    on it; Tested ssh & sftp. Both work Okay.)

    • Re: Does OpenSSH use RCP?
      ... > with someone about the difference between OpenSSH and SFTP. ... > SFTP) than SCP will fail. ... OpenSSH uses an implementation that is compatible to the original SSH ...
      (comp.security.unix)
    • Another bug in SSH in FreeBSD 8.4 (sftp cannot create relative symlinks)
      ... Beside my previous complaint about sshd not starting after upgrade from FreeBSD 8.3 to 8.4 due to incompatible change in parsing sshd_config with empty VersionAddendum, there is another more serious bug in newly imported SSH in base which I am not able to fix / workaround. ... OpenSSH 6.1 is creating broken symlinks with sftp command on OpenSSH 5.4 server with chrooted account. ... The sftp command used for creating the symlink is: ...
      (freebsd-stable)
    • Re: sftp server with speed throttling
      ... configuration work or pass sftp traffic through PF and throttle it ... Only OpenSSH alternative I use sometimes is ... would like to use SSH for the connections, as opposed to FTP, but I ... directives to chroot the groupand/or userthat are to have ...
      (freebsd-questions)
    • OpenSSH: sftp & bypassing keypair auth restrictions
      ... Subject: OpenSSH: sftp & bypassing keypair auth restrictions ... *not* possible to prevent the client from using the sftp subsystem. ...
      (Bugtraq)
    • Re: Putty psftp connection problem...
      ... here is the original message I sent to the openssh and putty ... A customer of mine reported that sftp didn't work for them. ... On the unix system the sshd reports the ...
      (comp.security.ssh)