Re: ssh2 port forwarding info needed

From: Bob Rasmussen (ras_at_anzio.com)
Date: 05/26/04

    Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 07:06:58 -0700 (PDT)
    To: desello_nelson@jpmorgan.com

    On Wed, 26 May 2004 desello_nelson@jpmorgan.com wrote:

    > Hi Bob,
    >
    > 1. PC windows program

    So you're trying to run a Windows program on Solaris? Do you have some
    sort of Windows emulation running on Solaris?

    > 2. Yes, password authentication works from my pc desktop to my Solaris
    > server. So I know ssh2 works, but when I'm already SSHed, I cannot bring up
    > this netedit to run within the ssh protocol.

    What happens when you try to run it?

    What SSH client are you using on the PC desktop?

    What TERM value do you get on Solaris, once you're logged in, with SSH?
    What is it with telnet?

    Regards,
    ....Bob Rasmussen, President, Rasmussen Software, Inc.

    personal e-mail: ras@anzio.com
     company e-mail: rsi@anzio.com
                fax: (US) 503-624-0760
                web: http://www.anzio.com