Re: ssh2 port forwarding info needed

From: Bob Rasmussen (ras_at_anzio.com)
Date: 05/26/04

    Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 07:06:58 -0700 (PDT)
    To: desello_nelson@jpmorgan.com

    On Wed, 26 May 2004 desello_nelson@jpmorgan.com wrote:

    > Hi Bob,
    >
    > 1. PC windows program

    So you're trying to run a Windows program on Solaris? Do you have some
    sort of Windows emulation running on Solaris?

    > 2. Yes, password authentication works from my pc desktop to my Solaris
    > server. So I know ssh2 works, but when I'm already SSHed, I cannot bring up
    > this netedit to run within the ssh protocol.

    What happens when you try to run it?

    What SSH client are you using on the PC desktop?

    What TERM value do you get on Solaris, once you're logged in, with SSH?
    What is it with telnet?

    Regards,
    ....Bob Rasmussen, President, Rasmussen Software, Inc.

    personal e-mail: ras@anzio.com
     company e-mail: rsi@anzio.com
                fax: (US) 503-624-0760
                web: http://www.anzio.com

    • server securing issues
      ... have done some securing on my solaris server and ... Information about the remote host: ... Port ssh ... An SSH server is running on this port. ...
      (SunManagers)
    • Re: Creating dynamic tunnels using bash script (cygwin/solaris)
      ... I would do something like this (cygwin is my windows box having cygwin ... installed and solaris is a solaris based server): ... My problem is that the destination port is unknown at the time I create ... the ssh call. ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: Kerberos MIT SSH Solaris 9
      ... I'm experiencing some problem on kerberizing ssh on Solaris 9 with MIT ... MIT Kerberos KDC 1.6.3 ... # Default definition for Authentication management ...
      (comp.protocols.kerberos)
    • Re: Creating dynamic tunnels using bash script (cygwin/solaris)
      ... ssh solaris "command to figure out what port you want" ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • RE: Telnet on Solaris 9
      ... there are no other solaris workstations .I do have a trial version of ssh for windows on my machine which uses GUI. ... I just made a mistake in configuring Secure shell on a Solaris server. ... Mail has the best spam protection around ...
      (SunManagers)