Re: unexplained pausing/freezing of SSH Terminal Sessions ?

From: Darren Tucker (dtucker_at_zip.com.au)
Date: 05/24/04

    Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 15:24:05 +1000
    To: OpenMacNews <secureshell.20.openmacnews@spamgourmet.com>

    OpenMacNews wrote:
    > Thanks, but per my earlier/original email ...
    >
    > > So far, in efforts to remediate, I've:
    > ----> > (a) changed Ehternet MTU settings from 1500 to 576, both in
    > pair combinations and 'en masse'

    Sorry, missed that (information overload :-)

    Someone else recently reported a very similar issue that was eventually
    traced to buggy firmware in a DLink router ADSL:
    http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=secure-shell&m=108498568631757

    Do you have one of those on the problem connection paths?

    Also, check the subnet masks an all of the boxes (especially (4)), a
    wrong subnet mask on one could cause asymmetric routing via your NAT
    device which might be contributing to the problem.

    --
    Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
    usually comes from bad judgement.