Re: unexplained pausing/freezing of SSH Terminal Sessions ?

From: OpenMacNews (secureshell.20.openmacnews_at_spamgourmet.com)
Date: 05/24/04

    Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 22:44:40 -0700
    To: secureshell@securityfocus.com

    darren,

    >> Thanks, but per my earlier/original email ...
    >>
    >> > So far, in efforts to remediate, I've:
    >> ----> > (a) changed Ehternet MTU settings from 1500 to 576, both in
    >> pair combinations and 'en masse'

    > Sorry, missed that (information overload :-)

    de nada! it's worse on my end ;-S

    > Someone else recently reported a very similar issue that was eventually traced to buggy firmware in a DLink router ADSL:
    <http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=secure-shell&m=108498568631757>

    yeah, i'd seen this reference already ...

    > Do you have one of those on the problem connection paths?

    nope. i'm connected directly to my ADSL modem via an Ethernet card in Machine (1) ... natd is being served up by the gateway machine, as well.

    > Also, check the subnet masks an all of the boxes (especially (4)), a wrong subnet mask on one could cause asymmetric routing via your NAT device which might be contributing to the problem.

    good idea ...

    nope. *all* netmasks are identical:

            inet A.B.C.D netmask 0xffffff00 broadcast A.B.C.255