How to add port forwards during active ssh session

From: Lars Wuerfel (developer_at_wuerfel-datentechnik.de)
Date: 05/23/04

    Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 16:42:44 +0200
    To: secureshell@securityfocus.com

    Hi,

    I have read in various places, including the manpage, that it is
    possible to add a port forward for an active ssh session.
    (That means I log into the remote system, and now I want to
    forward a local port to this remote system without logging out
    and logging in again)

    Could someone please give me a hint *how* to do this?

    Thanks!

    Lars A. Wuerfel

    • Re: [UDP] Overide "source" addr/port ?
      ... > to a special logging app. ... You state "3 incoming logging feeds" in your article. ... Assuming all three "whatever they are" are connecting to port 7150, ...
      (comp.lang.perl.misc)
    • Re: block_ssh_guessers
      ... I haven't seen the need to go beyond a single knock - as I've only seen ... logging "I blocked this - ain't I a good firewall" to disk is ... is not a "knock," but just an open port. ... The "personal firewall" forgets that it had sent a DNS query several ...
      (comp.os.linux.security)
    • Re: How to share a parallel port LPT printer with other computer in Workgroup ?
      ... browse from the remote system to your machine, ... you may have to install additional drivers on the server ... Select LPT1 or FILE: as the port to use, ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
    • Re: Login Errors Seem to indicate we are being hacked?
      ... You don't need port 80 open for any SBS functionality. ... I have put logging on the Default SMTP Service in protocols (after some ... I'm not familiar with that particular router or its logging capabilities, ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: S-l-o-w network on E3500
      ... Can't hardly login in to a remote ... Remote system can't hardly log in to the E3500. ... > operating that port at 100mpbs Full-Duplex. ... > If I attempt to ping the router, or another machine conencted to the ...
      (comp.unix.solaris)