Need Advice On Audit Log File Access

From: Suhaimi Jamalludin (suhaimi_at_niser.org.my)
Date: 05/20/04

    Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 14:22:42 +0800
    To: secureshell@securityfocus.com

    Hi All,

    Can some body advice me on this....
    I have a File Server and all the clients are using WinSCP3(WinXP) to copy their data to my File Server.
    Is there any audit log generated for me to check if somebody accidently deleted any files in the File Server.
    I'm looking at simililar method like Samba-audit log.

    By the way I'm using FreeBSD 5.2.1

    Really appreciate your help.

    --
    Regards,
    Suhaimi

    • Need Advice On Audit Log File Access
      ... I have a File Server and all the clients are using WinSCP3 to copy their ... Is there any audit log generated for me to check if somebody accidently ...
      (freebsd-questions)
    • Re: Win98 clients and EFS on file server
      ... Windows 98 clients to access EFS encrypted files on file server is by using ...
    • Re: DNS Server Setup
      ... I thought of just removing DHCP from the Firewall, ... to migrate the users to the file server and correctly install ... I'll be adding 15 more clients by years end. ... Ace Fekay, MCSE 2000, MCSE+I, MCSA, MCT, MVP ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.dns)
    • Re: performance of filesystem xattrs with Samba4
      ... You can do that now by varying the number of simulated clients, ... using the file server at any one time. ... they rarely have a working set size of over ... workload over a period of 5 minutes to fit in memory on typical file ...
      (Linux-Kernel)
    • Re: Passing NTP Broadcasts to Multiple Segments
      ... That is the classical "official RFQ" NTP and SNTP way of doing things, ... broadcasts as a way to minimize network traffic. ... Each of the clients has to ... a file server running there. ...
      (microsoft.public.isa)