Re: HP-UX logname: could not get login name

From: Darren Tucker (dtucker_at_zip.com.au)
Date: 05/13/04

    Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 11:55:54 +1000
    To: Troy.Wilson@chi.frb.org

    Troy.Wilson@chi.frb.org wrote:

    > Have you tried enabling UseLogin in sshd_config?

    Be aware that UseLogin has some limitations (eg it will disable X
    forwarding).

    Also, if that works then there's still some kind of problem with sshd's
    login recording which I'd like to find and fix (but so far I've been
    unable to reproduce).

    Adrian, could you please mail me config.h and config.log produced by
    running configure (off-list, please!).

    --
    Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
    usually comes from bad judgement.

    • Re: Whats the deal on the -X vs -Y thing?
      ... what kind of nagios plugins would care about X ... > deep-ssh cannot handle this kind of syntax in its current form. ... You could even add cases for other ssh's (eg Tectia's X forwarding is ... Good judgement comes with experience. ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: Target Audience
      ... a little more about the limitations of both his power and his judgement. ... IQ but insufficient attention to the consequences of his actions), ...
      (rec.arts.sf.composition)
    • Re: problems regarding "This sshd was compiled with PATH=/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin"
      ... > If, OTOH, you're using a recent Solaris, ... > turns off X forwarding. ... OpenSSH at least has parsed /etc/default/login since ... Good judgement comes with experience. ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: SSH not reading local user profile
      ... > If I use the command ... Also the ports are not forwarding, ... Good judgement comes with experience. ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: OT: Back from the docs!
      ... Charles B. Summers, HOF. ... with no limitations! ... He does want me to use good judgement and to avoid any situation that may cause a fall, ...
      (alt.support.stop-smoking)