Re: automating ssh connection

From: Bob Rasmussen (ras_at_anzio.com)
Date: 05/03/04

    Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 12:47:06 -0700 (PDT)
    To: "Satyanarayana, Dintakurthi" <dvvsn@yahoo.com>

    On Fri, 30 Apr 2004, Satyanarayana, Dintakurthi wrote:

    > I want to open ssh connection to a remote server from
    > a c/C++ program. Once the connection is opened, I want
    > to exchange data from within the program itself. I
    > guess if we have ssh + socket libraries we can do it
    > just like opening a tcp socket and using read, write
    > calls to get and send data. Does anyone aware of
    > socket library that works with SSH ?
    > Is there any other alternative that helps in
    > establishing ssh connections ? One thing I certainly
    > want to do while opening ssh connection is using a
    > crypto algorithm (3des/blowfish) of my choice.
    > Please suggest any pointers.

    First, it would help to know if you are talking about running on a
    Unix/Linux system or a Windows system (or something else).

    It is not as simple as opening a socket. The authentication and encryption
    routines are quite involved.

    Your best approach might be to use a forwarded port. That is, have an SSH
    connection already in place, with a forwarded port that you can use in
    your application.

    Regards,
    ....Bob Rasmussen, President, Rasmussen Software, Inc.

    personal e-mail: ras@anzio.com
     company e-mail: rsi@anzio.com
                fax: (US) 503-624-0760
                web: http://www.anzio.com

    • Re: automating ssh connection
      ... >to exchange data from within the program itself. ... >guess if we have ssh + socket libraries we can do it ... >just like opening a tcp socket and using read, ... >socket library that works with SSH? ...
      (SSH)
    • Re: automating ssh connection
      ... > I want to open ssh connection to a remote server from ... > to exchange data from within the program itself. ... > guess if we have ssh + socket libraries we can do it ...
      (SSH)
    • Re: well, try here first...
      ... I assume your "HW firewall" protects you to the outside. ... course it should allow SSH connections from the outside to ... I could ssh out and then ssh back to tao. ... rt., and this is fedora, my least fav distro. ...
      (freebsd-questions)
    • Re: well, try here first...
      ... I assume your "HW firewall" protects you to the outside. ... course it should allow SSH connections from the outside to ... I could ssh out and then ssh back to tao. ... rt., and this is fedora, my least fav distro. ...
      (freebsd-questions)
    • Re: Problem with firewall and SSH port forwarding
      ... CG> I'm trying to restrict access to my machine by restricting the IP ... CG> addresses from which outside ssh connections can be made. ... CG> The 'client' is trying to do the following:- ...
      (comp.security.ssh)