Re: openssh with DSL and DHCP -- ListenAddress?

From: Roumen Petrov (openssh_at_roumenpetrov.info)
Date: 04/28/04

    Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 08:05:52 +0300
    To: Deklan Dieterly <dieterly@frii.com>

    When log contain message:
    .... sshd[...]: refused connect from XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
    add in /etc/hosts.allow line:
    sshd: ALL

    Deklan Dieterly wrote:

    > I am trying to get sshd running on my linux box. I am connected to the
    > internet through an ethernet card connected to DSL using DHCP on my ISP.
    >
    > I have the latest ssh package from debian.
    >
    > After running sshd, I am unable to connect from other hosts.
    >
    > I think that the problem is with the ListenAddress Parameter in the
    > /etc/ssh/sshd_config file. What do I set this to if I'm using DHCP and
    > an Internet Service Provider?
    >

    > Thanks.

    • Re: help needed for Ubuntu 8.04 on HP 6720s notebook
      ... Do you connect to the Internet ... I am 100% sure that my ISP does not have DHCP. ...
      (Ubuntu)
    • Re: help needed for Ubuntu 8.04 on HP 6720s notebook
      ... Can you ping your own IP that you received from the ISP? ... Do you connect to the Internet ... I am 100% sure that my ISP does not have DHCP. ...
      (Ubuntu)
    • Buffalo Stampede! (WHR-G54S cant detect ISP)
      ... I can connect to my ISP with my NIC connected to my Ambit 67078EU cable modem. ... Under WAN on the home page, it says "Not determined because DHCP or PPPoE server not detected". ... My internet provider, Charter Communications, clearly tells people to use DHCP. ... The WAN port LED flashes with traffic almost constantly, while the port that connects to the computer NIC only flashes when I am accessing the router's internal page. ...
      (alt.internet.wireless)
    • Re: SBS2k3 Internet Issues (vanilla install)
      ... server grab an IP via DHCP. ... Call the ISP and have them flush their ARP ... > Basically unable to connect to the internet. ... > static assign and set it to DHCP. ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: help needed for Ubuntu 8.04 on HP 6720s notebook
      ... Ethernet is not working. ... Are you sure your ISP doesn't have DHCP? ... Do you connect to the Internet ...
      (Ubuntu)