openssh with DSL and DHCP -- ListenAddress?

From: Deklan Dieterly (dieterly_at_frii.com)
Date: 04/27/04

    Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 08:04:25 -0400
    To: secureshell@securityfocus.com

    I am trying to get sshd running on my linux box. I am connected to the
    internet through an ethernet card connected to DSL using DHCP on my ISP.

    I have the latest ssh package from debian.

    After running sshd, I am unable to connect from other hosts.

    I think that the problem is with the ListenAddress Parameter in the
    /etc/ssh/sshd_config file. What do I set this to if I'm using DHCP and
    an Internet Service Provider?

    Thanks.

    • Re: HELP! Win2k Server sees nothing on Internal NIC!
      ... Disable the DSL Nic adapter on your Server. ... Ensure that you have DHCP working correctly with your laptop. ... So I have a DSL Modem to the internet, ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.networking)
    • Re: Best way to connect via wireless in new SBS install?
      ... (192.168.16.x - your SBS DHCP scope). ... will get internet access through the SBS. ... wireless-capable router for that purpose. ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: RRAS Internal interface using APIPA address, ignoring both DHCP an
      ... but this problem ignores both DHCP and static addresses. ... I have *never* seen the 'Internal' interface use an APIPA addess. ... How can I 'reset' enough of the system to restore the normal Internal interface behaviour and ditch the APIPA address? ... with public Internet NIC and private Local Area Connection NIC). ...
    • Re: RRAS Internal interface using APIPA address, ignoring both DHCP an
      ... I have tried using both a static pool and the DHCP with no change. ... I have *never* seen the 'Internal' interface use an APIPA addess. ... How can I 'reset' enough of the system to restore the normal Internal interface behaviour and ditch the APIPA address? ... with public Internet NIC and private Local Area Connection NIC). ...
    • Re: F9 DOS attack
      ... you could simply force the cable modem to reset ... vulnerable to attack from the internet. ... "I'm not getting a DHCP address from you, ...
      (Fedora)