Re: OpenSSH_3.8.1p1 - passwd -f does not work

From: Darren Tucker (dtucker_at_zip.com.au)
Date: 04/21/04

    Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 08:29:15 +1000
    To: Michael Selvesteen <selvesteen@netscape.net>

    Michael Selvesteen wrote:

    > I just compiled OpenSSH 3.8.1.p1 using OpenSSL 0.9.7c on HP-UX 11.11
    > machine and works fine.I encountered a problem when as a root I issued
    > the command "passwd -f someuser". when I logon to the server I was not
    > prompted for a password change, however if I telnet to the server I was
    > prompted for a password change. Interestingly this happens only when I
    > start the server with "UsePAM no" but when I set "UsePAM yes" I am
    > prompted for password change for expired passwords.
    >
    > Here's my configuration
    >
    > * HP-UX 11.11.
    > * No shadow password installed.
    > * System under untrusted mode.

    That should work. What authentication method did you use to log in?
    Password expiry will not be checked for non-password authentications.

    > This behavior is also seen in OpenSSH 3.7.1.p1.
    > I need to get a password change prompt when an user logon through ssh
    > whose password had already expired while the server runs with "UsePAM
    > no' configuration. Any help will be highly appreciated.

    Please open a bug at bugzilla.mindrot.org and attach the output from the
    server running in debug mode (eg /path/to/sshd -ddd -p 2022).

    --
    Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
    usually comes from bad judgement.

    • Re: Where are the passwords kept?
      ... password change, XP will prompt that the password is different ... from what is stored and prompt to save it. ... can't really edit them, but only Right Click a filled in entry to ... Where are the passwords and other field autofill information kept? ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • OpenSSH_3.8.1p1 - passwd -f does not work
      ... prompted for a password change, however if I telnet to the server I was ... I need to get a password change prompt when an user logon through ssh ...
      (SSH)
    • Re: OWA Password Expiry
      ... Although I've found how to enable the password change facility in OWA ... when passwords expire there seems to be no way for users to ... Is there a way to set OWA to prompt for a password change (old password, ...
      (microsoft.public.exchange.setup)
    • exchange password prompt and user share lockout after password change
      ... I have one user who is prompted for an exchange password and is locked ... out of his user share after a company wide password change. ... his new password into the prompt, ... Steve Stewart ...
      (microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz2000)
    • Re: Force Password Change
      ... > modified an account to force a password change at next login, the ssh client ... Good judgement comes with experience. ...
      (SSH)