how would I tunnell usinsg open ssh

From: Ralph Blach (chipper_at_us.ibm.com)
Date: 04/20/04

    Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 10:07:57 -0400
    To: secureshell@securityfocus.com

    Ok I have a son in boarding school. He has a redhat 9.0 base system and
    can ssh to my home system.

    he is behind a filre wall and and so am I. I have my router set up to
    forward to all ssh request to my server machine.

    What I would like is to create a separate IP which are on the same
    network so that we could use speak freely.

    Is this possible using ssh and sshd?

    if so , how would I do it.

    Thanks

    --
    Ralph "Chip" Blach
    IBM LTC

    • Re: [openssh-unix-announce] Re: Upcoming OpenSSH vulnerability (fwd)
      ... Is OpenSSH 3.3 now part of the base system? ... older versions of ssh are vulnerable or not. ... I have to say that I side with Theo here: ... we wouldn't need OpenSSH. ...
      (FreeBSD-Security)
    • Re: More SSH trolling
      ... >> You don't need to modify the SSH PAM module to restrict SSH connects for ... > Also remember to disable SSH protocol version 1, ... That bug made rsh more secure than ssh. ... If you reinstall the base system from scratch you need ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: what version of openssh is running?
      ... I was running 3.5p1 from the base system. ... Simon Barner wrote: ... >> So I could upgrade system Openssh. ... > Which version of ssh were you running before the upgrade? ...
      (freebsd-questions)
    • Re: Updating ssh
      ... Brett Glass wrote: ... No. /usr/local is for software installed outside the base system. ... The ssh ... package is part of the base system, so it's placed in /usr/sbin and ...
      (FreeBSD-Security)
    • Re: Remote access
      ... it's own copy of ssh-agent holding my home system public key info. ... It runs an ssh command from my desktop at work to my home system, ... The ssh connection is about 6 times ... they are coming from my work system (i.e. the company firewall) ...
      (Fedora)