Re: files with a colon?

From: neil (neil_at_bellsimons.com)
Date: 04/14/04

    To: Matt Richard <matt.richard@fandm.edu>
    Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 16:36:00 -0400

    scp './ldap3.example.org:0.rej' user@host:

    worked for me

    On Wed, 2004-04-14 at 08:26, Matt Richard wrote:
    > Alright, surely someone has asked this before! But I cannot find a
    > reference to help me.
    >
    > How do I use scp to copy a file with a colon in the filename?
    >
    > Specifically I'm looking at OpenLDAP's rejection log files.
    >
    > I've tried single and double quotes, and even backslash - colon,
    > which often works on Mac OSX. But nothing works!
    >
    > the filename is ldap3.example.org:0.rej
    >
    > When I do "scp ldap3.example.org:0.rej matt@matt.example.org:~/", scp
    > asks me for the password on ldap3 instead of the password on matt.
    > The same thing happens if I do "scp *.rej matt@matt.example.org:~/".
    >
    > I know I could modify the openldap code to use a different character,
    > but that doesn't help me with stock servers.
    >
    > Any thoughts?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Matt

    • files with a colon?
      ... How do I use scp to copy a file with a colon in the filename? ... asks me for the password on ldap3 instead of the password on matt. ...
      (SSH)
    • Re: files with a colon?
      ... The key solution seems to be including the pathname in the file that ... >How do I use scp to copy a file with a colon in the filename? ...
      (SSH)
    • RE: files with a colon?
      ... How do I use scp to copy a file with a colon in the filename? ... asks me for the password on ldap3 instead of the password on matt. ...
      (SSH)
    • Re: files with a colon?
      ... > How do I use scp to copy a file with a colon in the filename? ... Good judgement comes with experience. ...
      (SSH)
    • Re: scp: no sharing violation while copying
      ... I am doing copies between linux and windows machines using scp. ... So, have the remote system copy the file to a tmp filename, and when it ...
      (comp.security.ssh)