Re: How to use ssh without requiring passwords each time

From: Darren Tucker (
Date: 04/10/04

    Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2004 10:19:32 +1000

    James Sinnamon wrote:

    > I need to be able to connect between to trusted RedHat Linux 9.0
    > hosts without having to enter a password each time. I have used
    > networks were this is possible,however I am unable to make it work
    > on my current network. I have tried the following, but have had
    > no luck:
    > adding public keys to .ssh/authorised_keys2

    > Can you tell me what else needs to be done? Is there a simple
    > check list?
    (" I copied my public key to authorized_keys but public-key
    authentication still doesn't work.")

    and if that doesn't work try:

    Darren Tucker (dtucker at
    usually comes from bad judgement.

    • R: remapping IP addresses for inbound and outbound traffic
      ... I guess you can't do this, since a believe there is a single linux arp table. ... If you had hosts with unique IPs on both nets, that would be another story: you could use some sort of VPN or Bridge functionality. ... You could also be able to avoid packets passing through the bridged/VPNed interfaces thanks to iptables. ... Let one Linux box have two interfaces to IPv4 networks, ...
    • PPTPd + pptp-client / Linux Net-2-Net VPN / Slow connection
      ... I can connect the tunnel on both networks without any problems and ... instance) from Client A to Client B (or from Client A to Firewall B) ... I tried to copy data from and to all hosts via a direct TCP/IP ...
    • Re: Netmasks for dummies
      ... prg wrote: ... advertising routes that exposed stub nets' hosts "inadvertently". ... designed networks. ... > to worry about the tons of different network blocks out there. ...
    • Re: ping fails; traceroute is OK
      ... hosts and networks, as you suggested. ... It seems that all of my pings ... step is to follow up on your tcpdump suggestion ... ...
    • Re: 5.3 -> 5 : sshd multiple log entries & login_getclass: unknown class root
      ... > hosts: files dns ... > networks: files ... > passwd: compat ...