Re: How to use ssh without requiring passwords each time

From: Darren Tucker (dtucker_at_zip.com.au)
Date: 04/10/04

    Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2004 10:19:32 +1000
    To: sinnamon@westnet.com.au

    James Sinnamon wrote:

    > I need to be able to connect between to trusted RedHat Linux 9.0
    > hosts without having to enter a password each time. I have used
    > networks were this is possible,however I am unable to make it work
    > on my current network. I have tried the following, but have had
    > no luck:
    >
    > adding public keys to .ssh/authorised_keys2

    [...]
    > Can you tell me what else needs to be done? Is there a simple
    > check list?

    http://www.openssh.com/faq.html#3.14
    (" I copied my public key to authorized_keys but public-key
    authentication still doesn't work.")

    and if that doesn't work try:
    http://www.snailbook.com/faq/no-passphrase.auto.html
    http://www.snailbook.com/faq/general-debugging.auto.html

    --
    Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
    usually comes from bad judgement.

    • R: remapping IP addresses for inbound and outbound traffic
      ... I guess you can't do this, since a believe there is a single linux arp table. ... If you had hosts with unique IPs on both nets, that would be another story: you could use some sort of VPN or Bridge functionality. ... You could also be able to avoid packets passing through the bridged/VPNed interfaces thanks to iptables. ... Let one Linux box have two interfaces to IPv4 networks, ...
      (Linux-Kernel)
    • PPTPd + pptp-client / Linux Net-2-Net VPN / Slow connection
      ... I can connect the tunnel on both networks without any problems and ... instance) from Client A to Client B (or from Client A to Firewall B) ... I tried to copy data from and to all hosts via a direct TCP/IP ...
      (comp.os.linux.networking)
    • Re: Netmasks for dummies
      ... prg wrote: ... advertising routes that exposed stub nets' hosts "inadvertently". ... designed networks. ... > to worry about the tons of different network blocks out there. ...
      (comp.os.linux.misc)
    • Re: ping fails; traceroute is OK
      ... hosts and networks, as you suggested. ... It seems that all of my pings ... step is to follow up on your tcpdump suggestion ... ...
      (comp.os.linux.networking)
    • Re: 5.3 -> 5 : sshd multiple log entries & login_getclass: unknown class root
      ... > hosts: files dns ... > networks: files ... > passwd: compat ...
      (freebsd-stable)