Re: How to use ssh without requiring passwords each time

From: James Sinnamon (sinnamon_at_westnet.com.au)
Date: 04/10/04

    To: secureshell@securityfocus.com
    Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2004 10:54:00 +1000

    Thanks to all who took the time to read my e-mail or read my e-mail
    and repsond to it.

    The answer was in http://www.openssh.com/faq.html (#3.14) :

         ... it can be solved by executing the following on the server:
        $ chmod 600 $HOME/.ssh/authorized_keys

    BTW, there was at least one typo, if only in my e-mail, sorry.
    I take it that sshd does not care for the Australian spelling of
    'authorized' with an 's'.

    I have also foundd that the /etc/hosts.equiv entries are now redundant
    so I have removed them and have unset the HostbasedAuthentication
    flag in sshd_config.

    Thanks again.

    Best regards,

    James