Migration of ssh to OpenSSH

From: Jay Ungab (jungab_at_dairy-farm.com.ph)
Date: 03/17/04

    To: "'secureshell@securityfocus.com'" <secureshell@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 13:46:38 +0800

    Hi Everyone,

                I'm going to migrate my existing SSH 2.3.0 running in AIX
    4.3.3.0 to OpenSSH_3.71p2.
    And I have some question to clarify.
    1. During installation of OpenSSH, still I can use the key I generate
    in my old SSH using my existing account? Are they compatible?
    2. Do I need to regenerate a new public key for the new installed
    openssh for my existing account if my old SSH doesn't work?
    3. In my SSH, I'm using authorization and identification file, still I
    can use it? In openssh, it using authorization_keys and no identification
    files. Any pointer what should I do?
    4. Any reference or documentation in migrating SSH to OpenSSH.

    Many thanks.

    Regards,
    Jay

    • Re: Newbie questions...
      ... I don't understand what this phrase means, "adding a user to OpenSSH." ... you mean allowing access to a particular account on the server via SSH, ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • RE: SSH and [pam] Winbind
      ... [concerning using SSH with winbind] ... > You did not say what version of SSH you're using. ... SSH only uses pam for authentication, not for account ... If anyone is able to confirm that openssh works with winbind ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: Passing password in ssh
      ... If I create keys without a passphrase, and share the public keys between ... You do know that you first have to get the private key of the key ... The .ssh directory also ... But simply cracking into a user's account who has access to several ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: Problems with Sudo
      ... where only one unprivileged account is allowed to log in. ... you're gaining nothing at all by running two ssh daemons ... Using odd port numbers isn't very useful either, ... I have SSH exposed to the world with key-only login and an iptables ...
      (Ubuntu)
    • Re: Recent OpenSSH releases not reading .bashrc for ssh commands
      ... their .bashrc will no longer get them without engaging in..... ... ssh can invoke bash without it then reading .bashrc. ... which svn", the .bashrc is no longer read. ... you're on RHEL 5, you've installed an updated OpenSSH, and you try to ...
      (comp.security.ssh)