ssh client prompt

From: Asher (asher_at_raout.org)
Date: 04/06/04

    Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 10:50:06 +0200
    To: secureshell@securityfocus.com

    Hi,
    several days ago I upgraded my ssh client (now it is OpenSSH_3.8p1
    Debian 1:3.8p1-2, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0, OpenSSL 0.9.7d 17 Mar 2004),
    since this upgrade my password prompt changed and it's not really
    convenient. In the past my prompt did look like :
      login@host's password:
    It's now like that :
      Password:

    As I use a lot of chained ssh connections (me -> host1 -> host2) on the
    same command line it's really not convenient to detect if I entered my
    password well or not.
    So I wonder if the prompt is customisable in a config file (undocumented
    in ssh_config), or if it's decided at compilation of the client, or
    finally if it's a choice of the developpers ?
    My system is a testing debian, as the ssh version already shown.

    ash

    --
    -AsHeR-   Mail : asher*AT*raout.org
     RIDE WITH PRIDE   BREIZH ATAO   /(bb|[^b]{2})/

    • Re: CR XI Upgrade from Visual Studio CR 8 - Is it worth it?
      ... CR XI Upgrade from Visual Studio CR 8 - Is it worth it? ... the one prompt is used to filter data in the second prompt. ...
      (microsoft.public.vb.crystal)
    • Is there any way this prompt can be turned off?
      ... would print e-mail attachments from e-mail messages in Outlook, ... right-click on a Word attachment and choose Print, ... Now since the upgrade, if I ... there was no ridiculous prompt. ...
      (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
    • Re: Having difficulty updating from Word 98 to Word 2004
      ... Word 2004 upgrade, you just insert the Word 98 CD (the wording of the prompt ... (My time zone is 5-11 hours different from the US and Europe, ... Sometimes it takes a few responses before the best or complete solution ...
      (microsoft.public.mac.office.word)
    • Re: XP Pro Upgrade crash
      ... Shenan - thanks for your prompt reply. ... The purpose of including the previous failed experience re, SP2 for XP ... triggered,, in my view by the upgrade process which when it has caused ... the rebooting process because the XP Pro upgrade disc is still in the ...
    • Re: Outlook 2003 wont email merge correctly
      ... You cannot avoid the prompt when merging to email through Word 2000. ... Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP ... >> upgrade. ...
      (microsoft.public.exchange.clients)