Default file permissions with sftp

From: Kelly and Jenny Gettings (kjgettings_at_comcast.net)
Date: 04/01/04

    To: <secureshell@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 21:11:10 -0600

    I have installed openssh on a windows 2000 server. I am using public keys
    for a remote user to login and then send files via sftp. I then access those
    files from a windows file share. The problem is that the default file
    permissions on the files that the user sends via sftp are such that I can't
    access them from my windows client.

    How can I alter the default file permissions on files that are transferred
    via sftp?

    I tried using umask in a .profile but I don't think sftp reads the .profile.
    I was wondering if there are any options I can put in the ssh config file to
    set the default file permissions?

    Any help is appreciated!

    thks