Default file permissions with sftp

From: Kelly and Jenny Gettings (kjgettings_at_comcast.net)
Date: 04/01/04

    To: <secureshell@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 21:11:10 -0600

    I have installed openssh on a windows 2000 server. I am using public keys
    for a remote user to login and then send files via sftp. I then access those
    files from a windows file share. The problem is that the default file
    permissions on the files that the user sends via sftp are such that I can't
    access them from my windows client.

    How can I alter the default file permissions on files that are transferred
    via sftp?

    I tried using umask in a .profile but I don't think sftp reads the .profile.
    I was wondering if there are any options I can put in the ssh config file to
    set the default file permissions?

    Any help is appreciated!

    thks

    • Re: SFTP hang - from VMS to Windows
      ... Windows is running an OpenText server. ... Verify it's not something specific to the Windows box. ... Check with HP, as there have been some sftp bugs, and there may be additional updates beyond what's been released with ECO 5 and its ECO friends. ... Networks support also state that there is no contention on the network during these incidents. ...
      (comp.os.vms)
    • Re: sftp for windows clients
      ... On Mon, 11 Mar 2002, Arvinn Løkkebakken wrote: ... > Subject: Re: sftp for windows clients ... >> Today I was poking around sftp. ... >> me that it works in windows easily, ...
      (FreeBSD-Security)
    • SFTP
      ... sftp using dd ... windows ftp client sftp ... windows sftp server ... winscp sftp client ...
      (de.org.ccc)
    • Re: SFTP server for Windows wish SSH console functionality
      ... Vandyke provides an SSHD implementation for Windows. ... SFTP server for Windows wish SSH console functionality ... I need a SFTP server for Windows so I can copy files from AIX to ...
      (AIX-L)
    • Secure FTP Support / My Network Places
      ... You're missing core functionality in that Windows XP ... doesn't natively support SFTP. ... >to mapping a drive letter to a shared folder or FTP site ...