Re: Remote ports accepting connections from other hosts

From: Darren Tucker (dtucker_at_zip.com.au)
Date: 04/01/04

    Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2004 10:39:54 +1000
    To: Fabiano Bonin <fabiano@personalsoft.com.br>

    Fabiano Bonin wrote:
    > I'd like to know if the option to permit remote ports accept connections
    > from other hosts is really implemented in SSH2, and if there is some
    > problem with putty that prevents me from doing this.

    It is, but it's controlled by the GatewayPorts option in the server's
    sshd_config (which defaults to "no").

    --
    Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
    usually comes from bad judgement.

    • Re: Chaining SSH tunnels?
      ... > by chaining tunnels? ... I prefer "stacking" connections rather than chaining them. ... netcat or similar on the middle machines, ... Good judgement comes with experience. ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: Some comments on the vegetative cogitation debate
      ... Brain development requires death and pruning as much as it ... amount of fooling with connections in itself explains consciousness. ... Yet again it talks about a cellular process. ... is a value judgement on the whole organism is irrational. ...
      (uk.philosophy.humanism)
    • Re: dropped connection with openssh4.2
      ... Waitman Gobble wrote: ... Here are the results of the connections, ... You can either update your glibc or work around it: from memory, ... the experience usually comes from bad judgement. ...
      (SSH)
    • Re: password illegal (locked) problem with OpenSSH 3.7.1p2 on HP11
      ... >and p2 the same way both refuse to allow connections. ... The server debug ... >log shows that it think the account is locked when it is not. ... Good judgement comes with experience. ...
      (comp.security.ssh)