Re: Explicitly change the DISPLAY variable in ssh

From: Darren Tucker (dtucker_at_zip.com.au)
Date: 03/24/04

    Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 12:01:19 +1100
    To: "Divakara, Vivek Palyam (UMKC-Student)" <vpdvdb@umkc.edu>

    Divakara, Vivek Palyam (UMKC-Student) wrote:
    > Can you please xplain me how to explicitly change the DISPLAY variable in ssh.
    [snip]

    You need to merge the xauth credentials from your original $DISPLAY.
    For an example, see this script:

    http://www.zip.com.au/~dtucker/openssh/lbx.sh

    --
    Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
    usually comes from bad judgement.

    • Re: entries in .ssh/known_hosts
      ... Only store host names but not IP addresses. ... If this flag is set to ``yes'', ssh will additionally check the ... Good judgement comes with experience. ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: SMSM - PS2 trade value
      ... In message, Lister writes ... slightly better judgement than usual? ...
      (uk.games.video.misc)
    • Re: need rhosts rsa help
      ... >I'm having problems getting RhostsRSAAuthentication working on OpenSSH ... It appears from the client log that it's not even attempting ... Since you're using SSHv1 you need to make the "ssh" binary setuid root ... Good judgement comes with experience. ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: 5.2p1 no longer sets DISPLAY
      ... client ssh is still 3.9p1 and sshd_config is the same). ... what's happening is that the OS is asked for a list of addresses for localhost and is returning a list that includes the inet6 address, however attempting to bind to it fails. ... Previously sshd would ignore this failure, but that allows third parties to bind to inet6 ports in the X11 forwarding range and potentially hijack X connections. ... Good judgement comes with experience. ...
      (SSH)
    • Re: Two pounds a day
      ... > a judgement, you really should seek help at your earliest opportunity. ... >> And so you choose to continue to bear false witness. ... It was my choice to embellish the <snip>. ... Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD ...
      (sci.med)