Re: Strange SCP problem

From: Adam Shostack (adam_at_homeport.org)
Date: 03/23/04

    Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 22:05:59 -0500
    To: Darren Tucker <dtucker@zip.com.au>

    On Tue, Mar 23, 2004 at 01:51:01PM +1100, Darren Tucker wrote:
    | Adam Shostack wrote:
    | >I'm having a problem where I can copy files from a server to my
    | >laptop, but not the other way. It's not the scp failure listed in FAQ
    | >2.9, that test works fine.
    | >
    | >When I attempt to do a copy, I see the "progress bar" go, the file is
    | >created on the other side, and I get an eventual time-out.
    |
    | Maybe this?
    | http://www.snailbook.com/faq/mtu-mismatch.auto.html

    Bing! Give the man a gold star!

    Any advice on path mtu discovery tools that let me set something
    bigger than 576?

    Adam

    • Re: Strange SCP problem
      ... Adam Shostack wrote: ... > I'm having a problem where I can copy files from a server to my ... > laptop, ... Good judgement comes with experience. ...
      (SSH)
    • Re: Strange SCP problem
      ... Adam Shostack wrote: ... > Any advice on path mtu discovery tools that let me set something ... packet types your firewall allows, the TCP stack parameters, the phase ... Good judgement comes with experience. ...
      (SSH)