Re: Force Password Change

From: Darren Tucker (dtucker_at_zip.com.au)
Date: 03/20/04

    Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 15:05:25 +1100
    To: "Arterburn, Michael" <Michael.Arterburn@ArvinMeritor.com>

    Arterburn, Michael wrote:
    > I am using the ssh client downloaded from www.ssh.com and when I have
    > modified an account to force a password change at next login, the ssh client
    > doesn't have me change the password. If I just telnet in, it will force me
    > to change it.
    >
    > Anyone know the reason why the client doesn't make me change the password?

    That depends on what the server's OS and SSH software are.

    In the case of OpenSSH, handling of forced password changes is a new
    feature in 3.8.

    --
    Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
    usually comes from bad judgement.

    • Re: Force Password Change
      ... there were some changes in the protocol in this ... Which release of the server are you using? ... Subject: Force Password Change ... > modified an account to force a password change at next login, the ssh client ...
      (SSH)
    • RE: cannot log on to user account following password change
      ... please paste them in the newsgroup. ... cannot log on to user account following password change ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: All accounts locked 2003r2 domain, help
      ... i did a password change using DSRM and an article in petri website that's ... It seems the autounlock feature of the administrator account DOES NOT work ... that all the domain admin accounts are LOCKED and that a specific ...
    • Re: Yahoo blocking BT mails
      ... that there had been 'suspicious activity' on his account ... blocked access pending a password change. ... from BT/Yahoo to change the password he had used for the ... All the e-mail said was 'suspicious activity' which is ...
      (uk.telecom.broadband)
    • Re: Yahoo blocking BT mails
      ... account I know all of the details so had a look at it ... It seems that BT/Yahoo had decided somehow or other ... blocked access pending a password change. ... If you look in his inbox you'll find an e-mail explaining what the problem was and how to get round it. ...
      (uk.telecom.broadband)