Re: OpenSSH on HP-UX 10.20

From: Darren Tucker (dtucker_at_zip.com.au)
Date: 03/20/04

    Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 11:36:51 +1100
    To: Ken.Simpson@marsh.com

    Ken.Simpson@marsh.com wrote:

    > I need to install SSH on HP-UX 10.20, which is no longer supported by HP.
    > Can someone tell me which SSH release I could use and any other hints ?

    OpenSSH 3.8p1 has been reported to work on 10.20, with the exception of
    a problem with password expiry when in Trusted Mode.

    (The problem can be solved fairly easily, see
    http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=secure-shell&m=107962915102270)

    --
    Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
    usually comes from bad judgement.

    • Re: need rhosts rsa help
      ... >I'm having problems getting RhostsRSAAuthentication working on OpenSSH ... It appears from the client log that it's not even attempting ... Since you're using SSHv1 you need to make the "ssh" binary setuid root ... Good judgement comes with experience. ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: no publickey auth with OpenSSH_3.7.1p2 and HPUX11i
      ... but the same error: ssh not use the publickeys and prompt for password :-( ... With the same environment (HPUX11i, OpenSSL 0.9.7x, HP C Compiler, OpenSSH ... > Good judgement comes with experience. ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: password check aix
      ... >we're using AIX on RS6000 and openssh. ... >ssh doesn`t check if the password is expired! ... this is expected to be addressed in the next release of OpenSSH ... Good judgement comes with experience. ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: Permission denied (publickey,keyboard-interactive).
      ... >output of SSH. ... authentication attempts were denied) will be on the server side. ... Note that OpenSSH 3.4p1 has a potential security problem, ... Good judgement comes with experience. ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: tcsetpgrp()
      ... Which SSH implementation and version thereof are you running? ... On QNX the pty allocation process apparently ... In the next release of OpenSSH, ... Good judgement comes with experience. ...
      (comp.security.ssh)