Re: OpenSSH on HP-UX 10.20

From: Greg Wooledge (wooledg_at_eeg.ccf.org)
Date: 03/19/04

    Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 09:34:24 -0500
    To: Ken.Simpson@marsh.com

    On Thu, Mar 18, 2004 at 04:48:21PM -0500, Ken.Simpson@marsh.com wrote:
    > I need to install SSH on HP-UX 10.20, which is no longer supported by HP.
    > Can someone tell me which SSH release I could use and any other hints ?

    OpenSSH compiles just fine on HP-UX 10.20 for me using gcc.

    You'll need (or *strongly* want):

      gcc (I'm using 3.2.2, but other versions should also work)
      perl5 (I'm using 5.6)
      EGD or PRNGd (see the INSTALL file)
      zlib
      OpenSSL
      OpenSSH

    Once you have gcc and perl5 in place, the rest is pretty easy. Make sure
    EGD is running before you attempt to "make install" OpenSSH, so that it
    can generate the host keys. You'll probably want to start both of them
    (in the proper order) at boot time; I'm attaching my /sbin/init.d/ssh
    script, which you may find useful. Don't forget to create a privilege
    separation user account (sshd).

    The only other gotcha I can think of pertains to X11 Forwarding. If you
    plan to use that feature, you may need to add:

      X11UseLocalhost no

    to the sshd_config file. If you don't want X11 Forwarding, or if you only
    use a certain subset of X client programs, then this may not be an issue.