RE: sshd does not die when client issues control-C or closes

From: Paul Myers (pmyers_at_spectracomcorp.com)
Date: 03/12/04

    To: "'Darren Tucker'" <dtucker@zip.com.au>, <pmyers@spectracomcorp.com>
    Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 16:13:25 -0500

    The SSHD Version is 3.5 and I successfully logged in using password
    authentication.

    I am running an application which is sending IO to the connected PTY and
    allowing me to issue commands to another application. BUT I really do
    NOTHING except look at the hello world screen and hit Control-C.

    The Application dies, but the SSHD running under uClinux simply keeps
    running. The child processes die, but uClinux port of SSHD appears to be
    blissfully unaware of that. I am going through the code now to see why.

    There is no default child signal handler being used it appears when inetd
    runs sshd from under uClinux. There is one defined in the code but it is not
    used.

    Thanks,
    Paul