sshd does not die when client issues control-C or closes

From: Paul Myers (pmyers_at_spectracomcorp.com)
Date: 03/12/04

    To: <secureshell@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 13:00:06 -0500

    I have been tesing OpenSSH sshd running under uClinux using Putty, Terraterm
    with ssh, and Redhat and found that whenever I close a connection with
    control-C my child shells die but the sshd -i daemon keeps running and holds
    a PTY.
    If I use the x to close the Putty tool both the sshd -i daemon and the child
    processes using 1 PTY keep running.
    Has anyone seen this and do you know if there might be a configuration
    issue? Also, I set my Client Keep alive parameters to issue 4 requests every
    15 seconds. But this does not shutdown the system either.
    KeepAlive yes
    ClientAliveInterval 15
    ClientAliveCountMax 4

    Thanks,