RE: sftp ls command

From: Alan Cline (Alan.Cline_at_sas.com)
Date: 03/10/04

    Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 09:08:45 -0500
    To: "Maxwell Bottiger" <sleepylight@jive-turkey.net>

    I am writing a sftp command interpreter and parsing stdout, so my results need to be consistent. The openssh v3.4p1 on Linux doesn't accept "ls -l" but writes the results of "ls" as if it did. So, I assume it's a problem with the sftp source which I can't find.
    In native Linux "ls" gives me the correct results without the permissions. I thought about a possible alias, but don't know if you can set one for an sftp command.