Re: cannot get x forwarding to work

From: Carl Holtje (holtje_at_freeside.dnsalias.org)
Date: 03/05/04

    Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2004 12:06:51 -0500
    To: "Khan, Farooq" <Farooq.Khan@isd.csa.scot.nhs.uk>

    Try connecting to either system using the '-X' flag.. this will forward X...

    THis is not foolproof, and you may have some additional config
    (exporting via DISPLAY variable or others, depending on your setup), but
    will get you closer...

    Hope it helps...

    Carl

    Khan, Farooq wrote:
    > Hi fellas,
    >
    > I want to get X forwarding working on my Solaris 8 box.
    >
    > I have two identical Solaris 8 systems. I connect from my PC using putty to
    > each system. System-A has the DISPLAY variable pre-defined as
    > localhost:11.0 and allows me to run a GUI. System-B does not have the
    > DISPLAY variable pre-defined and fails to run the same GUI. Both systems
    > have the line
    > X11Forwarding yes
    > defined in the sshd_config file.
    >
    > Any ideas would be very welcome!
    >
    > Cheers!
    >
    > farooq
    > Farooq Khan
    > Em: farooq.khan@isd.csa.scot.nhs.uk

    > Common Services Agency Disclaimer
    >
    > The information contained in this message may be confidential or legally privileged and is intended for the addressee only. If you have received this message in error or there are any problems please notify the originator immediately. The unauthorised use, disclosure, copying or alteration of this message is strictly forbidden.

    "There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary
    and those that don't."
    $>whoami: Carl Holtje
    $>mail holtje: holtje@freeside.dnsalias.org
    $>cu: http://freeside.dnsalias.org