Re: SSH with OpenSSH and Putty - Please Help!

From: Greg Wooledge (wooledg_at_eeg.ccf.org)
Date: 03/02/04

    Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 13:30:54 -0500
    To: "Armour, Aaron J (BearingPoint)" <aarmour@bearingpoint.net>

    > I generated a key
    > pair, copied the public key to the files of authorized_keys and
    > authorized_keys2 in a the /.ssh/ directory on my server. I used keys and
    > keys2 because some internet info says to name the file keys and some says
    > keys2.

    authorized_keys2 was used by OpenSSH version 2.* for the new Protocol2
    keys. In OpenSSH 3.*, authorized_keys is used for both Protocol1 and
    Protocol2 keys -- but, for backward compatibility with version 2.*, it
    will also respect authorized_keys2 if it finds one.

    Unless you have some OpenSSH 2.* boxes lying about, you should use
    authorized_keys.

    • RE: [USN-612-2] OpenSSH vulnerability
      ... The update for Ubuntu 8.04 was as ... (part of the ssh-server install was a blacklist of keys not to use). ... particularly affects the use of encryption keys in OpenSSH. ... amd64 architecture: ...
      (Ubuntu)
    • [Full-disclosure] [USN-612-2] OpenSSH vulnerability
      ... particularly affects the use of encryption keys in OpenSSH. ... Ubuntu) are based on Debian. ... amd64 architecture: ...
      (Full-Disclosure)
    • [USN-612-2] OpenSSH vulnerability
      ... particularly affects the use of encryption keys in OpenSSH. ... Ubuntu) are based on Debian. ... amd64 architecture: ...
      (Bugtraq)
    • Institutional OpenSSH Key Deployment -- How?
      ... and various SSH FAQs for, and haven't come up with very much, so I -do- ... we're trying to encourage people to use public keys and passphrases ... OpenSSH is that there aren't any particularly obvious ways to distribute ... We have an institutional LDAP user directory, ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: question regarding SSH and interoperability with PKI
      ... OpenSSH read user identity and server host keys from files in PEM format. ... After this is good to create OpenSSH public key - command is: ...
      (SSH)