Re: some tunnelling help needed

From: Payal Rathod (payal-ssh_at_staticky.com)
Date: 02/17/04

    Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 17:05:18 +0000
    To: "Black, Braden" <BBlack@VSCat.com>

    On Tue, Feb 17, 2004 at 11:42:10AM -0500, Black, Braden wrote:

    > You forgot the '-g' option, to allow remote hosts to connect to the local
    > port. Otherwise, the port is just bound to the loopback interface. Also, I

    I ill try it the first time tomorrow.

    > would suggest opening the tunnel on an internal host as opposed to doing it
    > directly on the firewall.

    Can you expand on this please? What exactly do you mean? Thanks a lot
    and bye.
    With warm regards,
    -Payal
    p.s. please mark a CC to me also.

    --
    For GNU/Linux Success Stories and Articles visit:
              http://payal.staticky.com

    • RE: X11 forwarding help
      ... "You could try setting up your own port redirection so that you can forward ... 6010 if they are in use already on intermediate and remote hosts. ... > I'm using ssh to do X11 forwarding over a gateway and it seems to work ... On the server, try setting X11UseLocalhost no ...
      (SSH)
    • Re: some tunnelling help needed: README FIRST
      ... > You forgot the '-g' option, to allow remote hosts to connect to the local ... the port is just bound to the loopback interface. ... For GNU/Linux Success Stories and Articles visit: ...
      (SSH)
    • Re: X11 forwarding help
      ... > "You could try setting up your own port redirection so that you can forward ... > back to the first tunnel that you set up. ... > 6010 if they are in use already on intermediate and remote hosts. ... the endpoint of the remote port tunnel will be bound ...
      (SSH)
    • Re: SSH: only listens on loopback
      ... -g Allows remote hosts to connect to local forwarded ports. ... rich said: ... > BUT, the 8080 port is only open to the local host, and I want it open for all. ...
      (Debian-User)