Re: Problem with restrictive login

From: Steven Lake (steven.lake_at_corecomm.com)
Date: 02/14/04

    Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 14:53:02 -0500
    To: secureshell@securityfocus.com

             Hi all. You can ignore this. I finally figured it out. It
    appears that sshd wasn't loading my modified config but instead was loading
    a different default config. Once I found that file and loaded my modified
    one in its place, sshd worked like it was supposed to. So I'm all
    set. Thanks!! :)

    At 02:53 PM 2/13/2004 -0500, Steven Lake wrote:
    > Hello. I'm new to the list and need a bit of help. This issue
    > just popped up today on my home mail server (freebsd 4.8) which has SSH
    > available to the internet so I can get into the box from work if need
    > be. That is the only port open as it's a fetching mail server so port 25
    > isn't available to the rest of the world. Nor is 110. What I just
    > discovered today is that my sshd is allowing auth by public key OR
    > password. I don't want it to auth by password. JUST public key. So in
    > other words if you don't already have the public key file, well, it sucks
    > being you because you won't get connected.

    • Re: Setting up prvate public keys for ssh
      ... > I have been trying to use sftp with cuteFTP 7.1 Pro. ... > and I manually copied the content of the public key file on my windows ... does sshd print anything to log ... to access my Debian machine from a Windows machine with WinSCP: ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: deny http access based on IP on FC3
      ... > apache on a fully uptodated FC3 machine. ... > simply by adding the IP or sshd: ... Public Key: 0x21715193 ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: need an efficient and secure sshd_config
      ... I would suggest you provide them a public key. ... client will only be prompted for password. ... The idle logout, isn't sshd. ... code your own authentication method. ...
      (SSH)
    • Re: ssh on Redhat7.3
      ... Walter Dnes writes: ... > far has been sshd... ... Under CRUX, the line... ... Did you set up public key authentication on the old system? ...
      (comp.os.linux.security)